Welcome our new CIS Personnel to
Angel Oak Elementary
Ms. Brenda Middleton
My name is Ms. Middleton. I have worked for Communities In Schools
for about 10 years. I have previously worked in Haut Gap and St. Johns
High School. I'm originally from Charleston, South Carolina and previously
worked in the school system for 15 years. I graduated from Tennessee State University (B.S.) and Webster University with a Masters of Arts degree.
Communities In Schools (CIS) of the Charleston Area, Inc. is a non profit organization that provides a nationally acclaimed dropout prevention program and surrounds students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. Now in its 26th year, CIS Charleston serves more than 13,000 students in 28 Berkeley and Charleston County Schools. For more information on CIS Charleston, visit:
CIS of Charleston is celebrating 27 years of serving Lowcountry students!
During the 2014-15 year, CIS served 13,294 young people in 28 schools. Of those students, 1,340 received case-managed services. We are proud to say that of those case-managed students:
* 96% were promoted to the next grade level (excluding seniors)
* 74% maintained adequate attendance
* 77% maintained a C or higher in Math or increased from a failing to
* 78% maintained a C or higher in ELA or increased from failing to passing
* 89% improved or maintained positive school behavior
* 98% of seniors graduate (74% went to college, 13% joined the military?
Angel Oak Elementary is proud of the work that Ms. Brenda Middleton provides for our students and CIS provides for all of our lowcountry students!