Welcome to Class 3-C!
Welcome to Third Grade! This is my sixth year teaching and my second year in third grade at Angel Oak. I graduated from Elon University in 2009 with a B.A. in Elementary Education and completed my M.Ed. in Science and Math for Teachers at the College of Charleston in 2014. We will read lots of books on all kinds of topics this year, including some of my favorites like Harry Potter and The Little Prince. This year has lots of learning adventures in store for us and I am looking forward to sharing them with all of you! We will work hard and have lots of fun!
A few tips for students and families to be successful in third grade:
- Be prepared! Bring your agenda, folder, and reading journal every day!
- Do your homework! Assignments are given every week Monday-Thursday. You will have math and reading.
- Communicate! Please use the folder to send notes, transportation changes, and other information, as needed. I am unable to answer the phone during class time except for emergency situations, but will be happy to schedule a conference whenever you need! Email is the best way to contact me for a quick response.
- Participate! Read with your child every night and feel free to make an appointment to visit our class whenever you like. We love to share our classroom happenings and achievements with you!
- Know what to do! In addition to following the 3 R’s (Be Ready, Respectful, and Responsible), we have 3 very simple rules to follow in Class 3-C:
1. I will try my best every day.
2. I will raise my hand to speak.
3. I will keep my hands, feet, objects, and mean words to myself.
If you have any questions,please don’t hesitate to contact me at any time. I know this will be a great year and I’m looking forward to working with all of you!